Most Sinful Man In The Universe - PSA Examined
JESUS ACCORDING TO PENAL SUBSTITUTIONARY ATONEMENT. How is the the crucified Christ viewed under PSA? Do the words "Hated by God", "An Obscene Incarnation", "Cursed" and "A Mass of Sin" come to mind when you think of Jesus laying down His life for mankind?
They shouldn't, but this is often how adherents of the Atonement School describe Him, while explaining Penal Substitution.
This is the 6th episode in a 7 Part Series exploring the doctrine of Penal Substitutionary Atonement, abbreviated as PSA. Here, we detail and review claims 13 through 15 and their conflict with the account of Scripture: Did God pour out His wrath on Jesus? Did Jesus become a literal curse? Did God really turn His back on Jesus?
Joining Idol Killer for the entirety of this series is Paul Vendredi, who himself produced a long running podcast detailing PSA's claims and problems. YES! Paul assures us he will upload this series soon for everyone to enjoy. We will post links when that happens.
The 17 Claims:
1. Original Sin
2. Total Depravity / Inability
3. Infant Depravity
4. Sin is an Infinite Offense
5. Sin is a Debt we owe
6. Infants also owe this Debt
7. Animal Sacrifices
8. God could Cancel the sin debt by His will...
9. But, God cannot Forgive a Sin without punishing the Sinner
10. Death Must be Painful
13. God pours out His Wrath
14. Jesus Became a Literal Curse
15. The Father turned His back on Christ
16. Old Testament Sacrificial System
17. Ransom Paid TO God